For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Town House Films Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 6886344 and with our registered office at The Old Reading Room, 5 Recorder Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 1NR. Our main trading address is PO Box 3482 Norwich NR7 7PP Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Malcolm Allsop
UNDER 16s MUST OBTAIN GUARDIAN’S CONSENT PRIOR TO PROVIDING DATA TO US
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide personal information to any one or more of our sites. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www/townhousefilms.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our sites, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you register for one of our fan clubs, register for promotions, request brochures or information or provide information or comment on a particular programme or otherwise, enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our sites.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our sites and of the fulfilment of your orders including, but not limited to, for your purchases of our on-line products .
- Details of your visits to our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, your anonymous and identifiable comments volunteered by you when taking part in our on-line forums and polls and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to diagnose problems with our servers and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our sites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our sites according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our sites.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL or equivalent technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you:-
- by electronic (eg, e-mail) or non-electronic (eg, post) means where you purchase products or services on-line or off-line and do not ‘opt out’ via tick box or otherwise or where you do not make purchases from us but contact us and ‘opt in’ via tick box or otherwise to receive the same. and/or
- by non-electronic (eg, post) means that we consider may be of interest to you unless you ‘opt out’ via tick box or otherwise
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. For this sole purpose, we may pass your details to third parties without your prior consent.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features (including, but not limited to, your taking part in on-line forums and polls) of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Where you first give us your consent to all of the following, we may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about products and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by e-mail, SMS or post.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If on initial ordering or registration, you consented to receive information about our or third parties’ services and other products, but subsequently you no longer wish to receive any of the same, please inform us, using the method that we contacted you, of this and we will cease contacting you for this purpose.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may from time to time provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Town House Films Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.